Applicable Version: 10.04.0 Build 255 onwards
Upgrade of your Cyberoam Virtual Security Appliance is to be done in Two (2) scenarios:
- If you want to purchase a Virtual Security Appliance after having used a Trial one.
- If you want to upgrade your Cyberoam Virtual Security Appliance License, say, from CRiV-1C to CRiV-2C, you can follow the steps below.
1. Place an order with your reseller/distributor.
2. Reseller/Distributor provides you with a new Appliance Key for the Virtual Security Appliance to which you want to upgrade.
3. Login to your Appliance’s CLI Console.
4. From the Main Menu, select Option 7. License Upgrade.
5. From the Virtual Appliance Activation Menu, select the model that you want to upgrade to. Here, as an example, we have selected CRiV-2C.
6. Enter the new Appliance Key to activate the upgraded appliance.
Your older license expires and the newly acquired license gets activated.
Once activated, follow the below recommendations:
- reset your hypervisor's virtual hardware configuration according to the upgraded license
- to avoid certificate mismatch issue while accessing websites/Admin Console of the unit, do either of the following:
- reboot the virtual machine OR
- restart the Web Proxy service from the Appliance GUI (accessible from System > Maintenance > Services)
Document Version: 1.2 – 31/05/2016