Applicable Version: 10.01.2 Build 059 onwards
Cyberoam allows update of the Web Category Database in Two (2) ways:
- Automatic: In this, Cyberoam automatically synchronizes with the Cyberoam Update Server or the CCC by which it is
managed (as configured) and updates its Web Category Database.
- Manual: In this, the administrator can manually update the Database.
This article demonstrates how you can update the Web Category Database in Cyberoam Appliance. The configuration is to be done from Web Admin Console using Administrator profile.
Web and Application Filter Module is subscribed.
Configure Automatic Update
You can configure automatic update of Web Category Database by following the steps given below.
• Go to System ® Maintenance ® Updates.
• From the Signature Auto Updates section, select server from which updates are fetched.
• Check Web Category Database.
• Click Apply
For example, here we have configured automatic update of Web Category Database to be synchronized with Cyberoam Update Server.
Configure Manual Update
You can configure manual update of Web Category Database by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Download Latest Version of Web Category Database
Download the latest version of Web Category Database from csc.cyberoam.com and store it in a local machine.
Step 2: Upload and Update the Database
Go to System ® Maintenance ® Updates. In the Manual Signatures section, upload the database file downloaded in step 1 and click Upload.
The above configuration updates the Web Category Database of your Cyberoam Appliance.
Document Version: 2.0 – 26/04/2013