Applicable Version: 10.00 onwards
Upgrade the firmware on Cyberoam Appliance to the latest version.
- Before initializing the upgrade procedure, make sure that the appliance holds a valid support subscription.
- Cyberoam reboots during the upgrade process. Hence, schedule the upgrade to suite your network’s maintenance window.
- It is recommended that you take backup of your appliance before as well as after upgrading.
You can upgrade Cyberoam Firmware by following the steps given below.
Step 1: Download Latest Firmware
Cyberoam displays an alert message (as shown below) on the dashboard whenever a newer Firmware is available for download.
You may directly download the latest firmware from the dashboard OR from Customer My Account.
Download Firmware from Customer My Account
To download from Customer My Account:
· Browse to https://customer.cyberoam.com and login using credentials (Email Address and Password) used to register the appliance.
Alternately, click Get Appliance Upgrade URL
on the login page to directly download the latest firmware version without logging in. Enter the Appliance Key of the appliance which is to be upgraded and click Submit
to upgrade your appliance.
· The screen shown below appears. Select for Version 10.00.0xxx to current GA Version 10.00.0xxx Firmware to upgrade to the latest firmware.
· The screen expands to display further instruction, and to enquire whether the current version of your Cyberoam firmware is below 10.01.0472 or higher. Select 10.01.0472 or higherif the current firmware version of your Cyberoam is higher than 10.01.0 Build 472, else select Below 10.01.0472.
· Check I have read and understood the steps involved in upgrading to Version 10.00.0xxx and click Download Version 10 to Version 10 Firmware.
Save the downloaded firmware to your local machine.
It is recommended that you verify the integrity of the downloaded firmware using the MD5 checksum.
Step 2: Upload and Boot Latest Firmware on Cyberoam
Login to Cyberoam Web Admin Console using Administrator profile.
Go to System à Maintenance à Firmware
to upload the firmware downloaded in step 1.
· The Firmware Upgrade/Downgrade screen appears. Browse the downloaded file and click Upload & Boot.
If Upload & Boot is clicked, Cyberoam performs the following actions:
- Firmware is uploaded onto the appliance
- All active sessions on Cyberoam are closed
- Cyberoam undergoes a soft reboot, booting up with the uploaded latest firmware
Alternately, click Upload firmware if you want to simply upload the firmware and reboot later, at a convenient time. Later, to boot the Appliance with the downloaded firmware,
go to System à Maintenance à Firmware
- For Appliances in HA, if Upload firmware option is used, the Appliances do not boot up with the new firmware on a normal reboot. To boot with the new
firmware, administrator has to go to System à Maintenance à Firmware and click against the newly uploaded firmware.
- Settings configured on a firmware are not carried over if you boot Cyberoam with an earlier firmware. For example, the configurations of Cyberoam with active
firmware 10.04.2 Build 527 will not be carried over if you boot the Cyberoam with firmware 10.04.1 Build 451.
Document Version: 2.1 – 15/05/2013