Applicable to Version: 10.00 onwards
The default port for Web Admin Console HTTP Port is port 80 and the default port for Web Admin Console HTTPS Port is port 443. Cyberoam also uses a port for SSL VPN login for remote web access which uses the default port 8443.
Cyberoam provides administrator the flexibility to change the default port to custom port.
There are 2 reasons to change the default port to custom port:
· The administrator needs the security of Cyberoam Web Admin Console from the non-trusted public interface like WAN hence changes the port with
any other custom port greater than 1024.
· The Web Server/Web mail behind the Cyberoam and the Web Admin Console of the Cyberoam needs to be accessed together. They both need
access from the WAN on port 80 and 443 and the only available IP. In this case Cyberoam’s port needs to be changed to some other custom port.
· SSL VPN feature is not available in CR15i hence SSL VPN Port configuration is not available for Cyberoam CR15i.
· SSH and Telnet ports on the Cyberoam cannot be modified to a custom port numbers.
· Do not use a port below 1024, because those are often reserved by the operating system for other uses. Try something like 8080 or 8100 or 8000.
The entire configuration is to be done from Web Admin Console. Access Web Admin Console with user having “Administrator” profile.
Step 1: Take Backup
Take a configuration Backup before changing the HTTP, HTTPS and SSL VPN Port on Cyberoam as there may be a case when administrator is not able to access the Web Admin Console.
· Make a note of the configuration change for future reference to help you in case you forget the port.
Use Settings page to make modifications in the general port settings and Web Admin Login parameters.
To change the default ports to custom ports, go to System --> Administration --> Settings.
Below ports values are taken as an example to change the default ports to custom ports.
Change the default management ports to custom ports greater than 1024 and click on Apply.
This will temporarily disconnect you from accessing the Cyberoam Web Admin Console. You need to re-login to the Cyberoam again by typing in http://<ip.address>:<portnumber>
In the above case as mentioned in the screenshot,
The Web Admin Console HTTPS Port can be managed through - https://<ip.address>:4433
Document Version: 1.0 – 30/12/2010